One of my go-to meals on weekdays because its so easy and versatile.
Serves 2 people
1/2 cup dry polenta
2 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup part skim ricotta
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a microwave safe bowl, add polenta and water. Microwave on high 7 minutes.
2. If the polenta still has visible water on top, give it another minute or so in the microwave.
3. Immediately stir in the ricotta.
4. Add seasoning.
The reason i love this so much is because it pairs well with so many things.
Tonight I marinated some chicken beasts in chipotle, and baked them for 20 minutes. I also sauteed spinach with olive oil and garlic.
A few other ideas:
(A protein of choice + a vegetable)
– Veggie burger + roasted cherry tomatoes
– Salmon + balsamic brussel sprouts
– Poached egg + spinach or kale (or both!)
Tip- you can also replace the ricotta with another cheese. (Goat, cheddar, etc.)