For those nights you want some comfort food. I love making these in large batches, and freezing the rest (using my new vaccuum sealer!)
6 whole wheat lasagna noodles
4 large handfuls of spinach
1/2 cup ricotta
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 jar of your favorite marinara (I like Arribata)
Mozzarella cheese (for the top)
1. Cook the pasta according to the box. Then rinse under cold water.
2. Saute the spinach with the olive oil and minced garlic.
3. Once the spinach has wilted, transfer it to a bowl and mix in the ricotta, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
4. Lay your pasta flat on a paper towel, add filling.
5. Roll the pasta.
6. In a baking dish, pour a small amount of marinara sauce to just cover the bottom of the pan.
7. Add pasta roll ups, top with more marinara and some mozzarella cheese.
8. Bake at 400°F for 15-20 minutes
Tip- make sure to cover the noodles with more sauce if you do not like crispy edges.