Sorry I have been MIA for so long. I’ve been so wrapped up in a party I am planning for my boyfriend’s birthday. More about that later! We have almost zero food in our house right now, and have been too busy or tired to go to the grocery store.. So I whipped up this recipe utilizing what I had on hand. It turned out bangin’!
12 oz bag frozen corn
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 clove of garlic, minced
2 TBSP of green onion, thinly sliced
1 4 oz can of diced green chilies
1 jalapeno, diced small
Zest of 1 lime
1 TBSP Chipotle Sauce (I used Cholula’s Chipotle Hot Sauce)
4 TBSP brown rice flour
4 TBSP all purpose flour
salt & pepper to taste
1/4 cup Olive oil
1. Defrost the corn in a colander under hot water. Before adding the rest of your ingredients, make sure the corn is fairly dry.
2. Mix the corn, cilantro, garlic, green onion, jalapeno, lime zest, and Chipotle sauce.
3. Add eggs and flour, mix well.
4. Heat olive oil in a hot frying pan (Medium heat)
5. Add corn mixture to pan, and press gently, to form a shape.
6. Turn heat to low-med.
**DO NOT OVERCROWD PAN
7. Flip your fritter when it is golden brown.
8. Using a slotted spoon, rest fritters on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
9. Top with Trader Joe’s Salsa Verde, avocado slices, and a dollop of sour cream.