Sorry I have been MIA for so long. I’ve been so wrapped up in a party I am planning for my boyfriend’s birthday. More about that later! We have almost zero food in our house right now, and have been too busy or tired to go to the grocery store.. So I whipped up this recipe utilizing what I had on hand. It turned out bangin’!
12 oz bag frozen corn
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 clove of garlic, minced
2 TBSP of green onion, thinly sliced
1 4 oz can of diced green chilies
1 jalapeno, diced small
Zest of 1 lime
1 TBSP Chipotle Sauce (I used Cholula’s Chipotle Hot Sauce)
4 TBSP brown rice flour
4 TBSP all purpose flour
salt & pepper to taste
1/4 cup Olive oil
1. Defrost the corn in a colander under hot water. Before adding the rest of your ingredients, make sure the corn is fairly dry.
2. Mix the corn, cilantro, garlic, green onion, jalapeno, lime zest, and Chipotle sauce.
3. Add eggs and flour, mix well.
4. Heat olive oil in a hot frying pan (Medium heat)
5. Add corn mixture to pan, and press gently, to form a shape.
6. Turn heat to low-med.
**DO NOT OVERCROWD PAN
7. Flip your fritter when it is golden brown.
8. Using a slotted spoon, rest fritters on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
9. Top with Trader Joe’s Salsa Verde, avocado slices, and a dollop of sour cream.
I had plenty of leftovers using this recipe, (we’re only 2 people), so we ate the for breakfast the next morning too! Added a poached egg on top. YUM!
Overnight oats has blown up on the Internet as of late.
I’ve tried many recipes and this one is by far my favorite. It is so easy, you have no excuse not to make it. Oatmeal, Chia seeds and peanut butter are loaded with protein. And as you have all heard, breakfast is your most important meal of the day. Why?
Because food is fuel!
And protein keeps you full for longer.
I have been having a serious peanut butter obsession and this really satisfies me.
1/4 cup quick oats
1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 teaspoon honey
1 1/2 teaspoons Chia seeds
1 T peanut butter
1 T No sugar added jam
1. Combine oats, milk, honey and chia seeds in a small jar/container.
2. Shake until well mixed.
3. Chill in fridge overnight.
4. When ready to eat, mix in peanut butter and jelly.
One of our favorite breakfasts and it’s packed with protein.
1 whole wheat tortilla
Low sodium refried black beans
2 scrambled egg whites
1 T shredded mozzarella
While your eggs are cooking, heat the tortilla in a dry pan on medium heat. Spread half of the tortilla with beans and the other half with cheese. Add scrambled eggs. Once the cheese starts melting, fold in half. Let the tortilla crisp nicely, then cut and serve with sliced avocado.