Another one of my genius/no food in the house concoctions. This was a big hit with the boyfriend.
1 Package of gnocchi
Handful of broccoli
Jalapeno chicken sausage, sliced
1/2 stick butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small shallot, minced
1. In medium saucepan, add butter, garlic and shallots. Cook on low, until butter turns slightly brown. Wait until all the foaming subsides.
2. Meanwhile, cook your gnocchi in a pot of boiling water. It is done when it floats to the top. Strain.
3. In another pan, cook the broccoli and sausage.
4. Add the cooked gnocchi to your butter pan.
5. Toss with the chicken sausage and broccoli.
6. Sprinkle with a bit of shredded Parmesan.
Nutmeg Nanny posted a recipe for Vanilla Peach Honey Butter that is to die for. You can access her recipe here. Peaches currently in season, I made my first attempt at canning.
Let’s just say, I will be canning A TON more this summer. It was so much fun! Something about creating your own fruit butters, jellies/jam’s or pickles rather than buying them from a store is so rewarding. And they make GREAT gifts! (Yes, family & friends .. you will all be receiving something I canned for the holidays)
I bought 12-8oz Kerr Quilted Crystal Jelly Jars from Target (only $8.99). This also comes with the cute labels as seen in the picture.
18 medium sized peaches yielded 8-8oz jars. I had no obstacles with this recipe, and I will be making more next week. This is definitely a recipe to keep!